Thursday, April 8, 2010

Developing Psychic Gifts



Questions & Answers by Marva Boehm Mason

How do I develop my intuitive gifts?   How do I know if I have an intuitive gift?

We are all psychic.   There is a psychic essence in each of us.   We just need to pay attention to it.   One of the first things I recommend is to learn how to be still and quiet the mind.   If you are conscious of trying to still your mind, you are still thinking of something.    Find a place in your home where you can totally relax, where you won’t be interrupted by people, phones, noise, or any other distraction.    Be conscious of the stillness around you and slowly start to still your mind and body by relaxing your body.   Start to visualize the essence of crystal white light to protect you in this state and quietly protect yourself from any negative energies or from anything that is not of the highest good.   This will get easier each time you put yourself in this state.  Personally, I give myself trigger words that will immediately put me into a deeper state of relaxation, such as “sleep now”, or “deeper now”.   Whatever you are comfortable with will work for you.   

Once is a totally relaxed state, and knowing that there will be no distractions, allow yourself to be aware of whatever you may want information about.  Invite your guides, your angels, to be there with you and to allow you to become aware of information, insight that may be helpful to you at this time.    Ask your guides and angels who they are.   You want to develop a relationship with them.   They are there to guide, assist and protect you.   

In a conscious state, whenever I want confirmation on decisions I am making, I ask for my guides and angels to give me a sign that I am doing/not doing the right thing.   Then, be aware of your surroundings for those every so slight confirmations.   It may be a white feather falling from the sky, or something more personal that you can connect with the decision at hand.   

They key to becoming more aware of your psychic gifts is to learn to be still so that you are able to be aware of communication coming from the other side, and from your guides and angels.   When your mind is noisy, its hard to hear or to be aware of what the messages are.   With time and practice, you will learn to still your mind, even in a crowded noisy room, so you can perceive pertinent information.   You will learn to develop an acute sensation of touch, smell, and hearing.



No comments:

Post a Comment